If you struggle to make the perfect steak, tender and juicy, then this slow cooker peppered steak is for you. I have found that any meat, including steak, comes out perfectly tender and full of flavor when cooked in a slow cooker. This recipe is no different.
And with the added bonus of not having to stand over a grill, any night can be steak night. Not only that, but you can pair this steak with pretty much any vegetable to have a perfectly rounded meal. Want a comfort food? Bake a few potatoes to go with it, or better yet, throw some in the slow cooker. Prefer vegetables of the greener variety? Pair it with some roasted broccoli or green beans.
Need it even easier? Serve it with a simple salad. Seriously, no matter what side you choose, this savory peppered steak will make the perfect entree. Just thinking about this “melt in your mouth” meal is making me hungry!
Slow Cooker Peppered Steak
The idea of a tender, juicy steak not enough to get your attention? Maybe the list of ingredients will.
- 1 – 1 1/2 pounds of beef steak (any steak cut works)
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 green bell peppers sliced
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut up your beef into strips, and put in a skillet with oil and cook over medium-high heat until beef is brown on all sides.
- Next, slice up your yellow onion and put the onion, garlic beef, broth, ginger, and soy sauce into the crockpot.
- Turn on low and cook for 6-8 hours or until steak is tender.
- About 30 minutes before you serve, put your sliced peppers. Then in a bowl stir your cornstarch and water together to make a slurry and stir it into the steak.
- Let it finish cooking, then serve over a bed of rice, alone, or even mashed potatoes.
You don’t need a special occasion or nice weather to enjoy a good steak. All you need is a slow cooker and a big appetite but you will definitely be asking for seconds.
Leave a Reply