Some things just belong together. This slow cooker chicken and broccoli soup and cold days are an example! It’s a match made in heaven. It’s a creamy and hearty comfort food. Perfect for topping with a pile of cheese or dunking in a piece of crusty bread, this slow cooker chicken and broccoli soup is sure to become a quick favorite!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli Soup
I absolutely love slow cooker meals for the ease. This one isn’t any different! While it isn’t a 100% dump and go recipe, you can easily prepare the chicken while you are chopping all of your veggies, making it super fast to put it together.
A few things before we get started with this easy recipe:
- If you don’t use slow cooker liners, I can’t rave about them enough. Slow Cookers are great for limiting your dirty dishes. And slow cooker liners help even more. They are inexpensive and easy to use. And you can use them to store your leftovers if you need to as well by just tieing the bag.
- This recipe will freeze well. If you have a Foodsaver or a vacuum sealer, you can even make individual portions, which is great for taking for lunch!
- 2 large chicken breast
- 2 broccoli heads
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp Chicken base
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 tsp of seasoned salt (¼ onion powder, ¼ garlic powder, ¼ salt, ¼ pepper)
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- In a skillet, add olive oil and heat on med/high heat. Add chicken and brown on each side until fully cooked.
- While chicken is cooking and dry your veggies. Add the carrot, celery, and onion to the food chopper and chop until finely chopped.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside. In the same skillet add the carrot, celery, onion mix and saute until tender.
- Now prepare the broccoli by removing all stems from the broccoli. Chop the broccoli with the food chopper.
- Place a slow cooker liner to your slow cooker if you are using one.
- Dice the cooled chicken and add to the slow cooker as well as your veggies.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken base and water and mix thoroughly. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add in the heavy cream, seasoned salt, and cornstarch to the slow cooker and seal the lid.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Once done remove lid and stir thoroughly.
I hope you enjoy this slow cooker chicken and broccoli soup as much as we do! It is sure to warm you up, even on the coldest of all winter nights! Don’t forget to pin to Pinterest for later and when you make it, be sure to let us know how your family enjoyed this slow cooker chicken and broccoli soup!