You’re going to love the taste and flavor of this Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake. It’s simple to make and you’ll be enjoying a delicious dessert in no time at all.
Being able to come home to a dessert cooking in the slow cooker is one of the best things, ever. It’s like knowing that there is something full of chocolate just waiting to treat your taste buds. And when you get to take that first bite…you’re going to be transported to a whole other world.
Perfect for fall and winter weather, this crock pot chocolate lava cake is certain to please!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
The great part about this slow cooker dessert is that it really doesn’t take very many ingredients at all. Gather up your ingredients and get started!
Ingredients needed for this slow cooker cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 1/4 C whole milk
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- 1 box instant (not cook & serve) chocolate pudding ( 3.9- oz)
- 2 C cold whole milk
- 1 bag milk chocolate or semi-sweet chips (12 oz)
- Parchment paper
How to make slow cooker chocolate lava cake
- Line a 4 quart or larger slow cooker with parchment paper.
- Using nonstick spray prep the parchment paper by liberally spraying it.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 1/4 cups of milk, oil, and eggs in a large mixing bowl beating on low for 1 minute.
- Increase to medium continuing to beat for 2-3 minutes or until the batter is smooth and glossy.
pour the batter into the prepped slow cooker.
- Add the pudding mix and 2 cups of milk in a second mixing bowl beating on medium-low until the mixture thickens or between 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the pudding all over the cake batter. Do Not Stir.
- Toss chocolate chips on top of the pudding. Do Not Stir.
- Place the lid on top of the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours or until the top of the cake is set.
And that’s it. It’s literally as simple as that! Let me know what you think about this delicious recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do!