This Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew is perfect for the cold weather that’s just around the corner. There’s nothing better than snuggling up by the fire with a piping hot bowl of stew!
Once summer starts to wind down, I find myself craving something hearty, warm, and delicious. And this is where I find myself coming back to this beef stew recipe over and over again. Packed full of chunks of beef and vegetables, it’s one soup recipe that you’re going to love.
You can even make up a bunch of this ahead of time and freeze for later if you want! Planning ahead is always a good idea!
Slow Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
The great part about this slow cooker recipe is that it’s super simple and easy to make. Gather up the list of ingredients below to get started!
Ingredients needed for slow cooker beef stew
1- 2 lb beef chuck roast (trimmed and cut into 1 – 2-inch chunks)
1/3 C flour
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- olive oil
- 1 med. onion (cut into large chunks)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 6 TBSP tomato paste
- 4 med Russet potatoes (peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into slices
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 C beef broth
- water (enough to cover the vegetables)
- 2 TBSP fresh chopped parsley (garnish)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- add in a tad bit of Guinness Beer for flavor (optional)
How to make beef stew in your slow cooker