Using your slow cooker to make Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas is one of the best choices, ever! It’s a super simple way to create a delicious dish that everyone is certain to love.
If you love the thought of making fajitas at home but hate the thought of taking the time to make them, why not let your slow cooker take over and do all the work?
The taste of these Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas will have you coming back for more!
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
The best part about this simple chicken recipe is that you can easily make it without giving it much thought! It’s great to have dinner ready and waiting when you get home!
Ingredients to make slow cooker chicken fajitas
poundso fchicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh limes
How to make slow cooker chicken fajitas
- Empty half can of diced tomatoes into bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker, and spread evenly. Add half bell peppers on top of tomatoes, and then layer the chicken breasts on top of them.
- Cover chicken breasts with all of the seasonings. Be sure to evenly spread the dry ingredients all over.
- Finally, add the remaining diced tomatoes and sliced bell peppers on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and slice on a cutting board. Return back to crock pot to marinate in the juices and serve. Squeeze fresh lime juice before serving.
- If your chicken breasts are thick, you can easily flatten with a meat mallet or the back of your knife. If not, you will need an extra 30 -40 minutes of cooking time. If you are using On the bone chicken breasts, you will need to cook for at least 4 ½ – 5 hours on high.
- Top with your favorite garnishments: pico de gallo, avocado, cilantro, cheese, etc.