If you’re looking for a classic slow cooker queso dip, this is the one for you! With just 3 ingredients, you can make this simple and delicious dip in no time. You’re going to love every bite!
If you’ve ever visited the south (specifically Texas), you’ll know that queso is everything. You will find it at every party and game day event—and for a very good reason! You can’t have an amazing party food table without a rich, delicious, velvety queso dip.
Once you try this recipe, you’ll see exactly what I mean. The flavor is something that you will crave again and again! And, the fact that its crazy simple to make is just the icing on the cake.
When I’m throwing a party, no matter what the occasion may be, I always make sure to make party foods and dips in a large enough quantity to share with all my family and friends.
While I’ve made this slow cooker party dip many times for myself, I’ve been preparing for Cinco De Mayo and plan on having this dip as a fun appetizer to share with my friends.
How To Make This Queso Dip
Now that I’ve gotten all of you pumped and craving this party dip, it’s time to make it!
Ingredients Needed for Cheese Dip
Did I forget to mention that you only need three ingredients to make this dip?! 😏
For this queso recipe, you will need:
- Block of melting cheese (like Velveeta)
- Your choice of salsa
- Breakfast sausage
Slow Cooker Queso Cooking Instructions
First, take the block of cheese and dice them up into smaller even cubes before you place them into the crockpot. You want to make sure they’re cut up cohesively so that the cheese melts evenly in the slow cooker.
You also might have to alter the amount of cheese you use in this recipe depending on the size of the slow cooker you own.
Turn the crockpot on LOW and place the cheese cubes in the pot.
While the cheese is starting to melt, cook up the breakfast sausage in a separate frying pan. Once it’s done, add it to the crockpot with the cheese.
Choose a jar of salsa that you like (pick a medium or hot salsa if you like your queso spicy) and add it to the slow cooker.
Place the lid on top and cook in your crockpot for 2-3 hours until the cheese is melted and easy to stir.
Once the queso dip is done, switch the slow cooker to WARM so that it doesn’t burn the cheese and yet still remains hot throughout the party.
Mix It Up
As much as I love a classic slow cooker queso dip, I understand that sometimes you want to switch things up.
My favorite part about this recipe is how versatile it is! You can add and change the flavor profiles to make whatever kind of queso dip you like.
Here are some ideas you could try out next time:
- Chili Con Queso Dip– I think the name speaks for itself, don’t you think? Make some of our homemade beef chili in a separate crockpot and mix it with the queso!
- Jalapeno Queso Dip– Dice up some fresh jalapenos to give your queso that extra spicy kick you are looking for. If you don’t want it to be too spicy, you can always use some pickled jalapenos.
- Meat Lovers Queso Dip– If you love a heavy protein kind of dip, then this one’s for you! Add some Italian sausage, ham, and pepperoni in place of the breakfast sausage, and you will have all the meat lovers at your party swooning.
What To Serve With This Party Dip
Queso dip is usually served alongside some corn tortilla chips but if you are wanting to take it a step further, you should consider drizzling some of this cheesy goodness on top of some:
If you are looking for a more low-carb option, cut up veggies such as broccoli, carrots, and sliced bell peppers to serve with this queso dip.
- 1 16oz Block of melting cheese (like Velveeta)
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 package breakfast sausage
- Cut your Velveeta into cubes and place in the slow cooker on low
- While the cheese is melting, cook your breakfast sausage in a separate pan. Be sure to break up the meat into smaller pieces as cooking.
- Add the meat to the crockpot with the cheese.
- Pour in your salsa.
- Place the lid on and cook for 2-3 hours on low.
- Serve warm and enjoy!