If you’re looking for the perfect fall and winter soup, you’re going to love this slow cooker herb chicken soup. Every single sippable spoonful will give you warmth in your heart and your belly.
Every time the cooler temps are around the corner, I’m already focusing on what soups I’m going to make in my slow cooker. While chili is always a great choice, I’m a bit obsessed with this chicken dish.
I have a great feeling that you’re going to agree with me once you try a bite or two as well!
Hearty Slow Cooker Herb Chicken Soup
This hearty soup is full of tons of veggies and chicken. It’s got a nice, light flavor but is certain to keep you warm and full. One bowl honestly isn’t going to be enough!
Ingredients needed to make this herb chicken soup:
- 1 can Cannellini beans (15 oz)(rinsed and drained)
- 1 can White Northern beans (15oz) ( rinsed and drained)
- 1 can Garbonzo beans (15 oz) (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15oz) (reserve juices)
- 1 carton chicken broth (32 oz)
- 1 1/2 C carrots (diced)
- 1 1/2 C celery (diced)
- 1 1/2 C sliced mushrooms
- 1 C onion (diced)
- 1 rotisserie chicken (skinned and shredded)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- sliced green onions
How to make this slow cooker chicken soup:
Add all of the ingredients except for the garnish in the crockpot.
Cover the crockpot and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Prior to serving top with sliced green onion.